Riverside, California (NAPSI) - Parents eager to introduce their children to the epic “The Lord of the Rings” lore may get some help from the recently released LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ videogame, which showcases the saga in a lighthearted, fun and humorous way.
Trusted with the dangerous task of destroying an ancient magical ring that threatens all that is good, Frodo is forced to leave his peaceful home. But the ring wants to be found and the road toMountDoom, the only place where it can be destroyed, will be perilous and riddled with Orcs and fouler things. To help Frodo, a Fellowship is formed—Aragorn the Ranger, Gandalf the Wizard, Legolas the Elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Boromir a Man of Gondor, and Frodo’s Hobbit friends Sam, Merry and Pippin.
Based on “The Lord of the Rings” motion picture trilogy, LEGO The Lord of the Rings follows the original storylines of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, taking players through the epic story events reimagined with the humor and endless variety of LEGO play. Players relive the legend through the LEGO minifigures, as they explore wonders, solve timeless riddles, and overcome endless foes in their quest to destroy the One Ring.
• Explore Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
• Wield the power of The One Ring, and enter the Twilight World of the Ringwraiths.
• Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way with the minifig characters delivering the dialogue from the films.
• Discover and unlock more than 85 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf and many others.
• Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Eärendil, Elven rope, swords and bows.
• Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option, available on the consoles, and enjoy wireless play on the 3DS and PlayStation Vita.
• Play with family and friends using wireless play. (3DS and Playstation Vita only and two copies of the game required.)
For additional game facts and information about LEGO The Lord of The Rings, currently available for Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Nintendo 3DS™, PlayStation® Vita, PC, visit http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/. Also available is “LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.” Both games make great gifts this holiday season for all members of the family.