Riverside, California (NAPSI) - The secret to a successful dinner is often revealed by how long family and friends linger at the table, enjoying the extra time together that an after-dinner coffee and dessert allow. Great hosts and hostesses know that a delicious dessert, after-dinner drinks and stimulating conversation can make a delightful dinner even more memorable.
For a real treat, why not hold the half-and-half and enrich the expected after-dinner coffee with Irish cream liqueur instead? Then pair the Irish cream coffee with a dessert that has the same delicious flavor:
Irish Cream Cheesecake
1½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about ¾ of 9-ounce pack chocolate wafers)
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
¾ cup Carolans Irish Cream
4 ounces white chocolate, melted
¾ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sour cream mixed with 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1 Tablespoon Carolans Irish Cream
Shaved bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Mix cookie crumbs and butter and press into a 9” removable-bottom spring-form pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes and set aside to cool. Reduce oven temp to 300° F.
3. Combine cream cheese, Carolans Irish Cream, white chocolate, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts in a food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Add eggs and pulse until just blended. Pour into crust. Wrap bottom of pan in foil and place in a larger pan. Pour water in the outer pan halfway up the side of the spring-form pan.
5. Bake at 300° F for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until center is just about set. Turn off oven, but leave pan in for another 30 minutes. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and cool at room temperature.
6. Top with flavored sour cream topping and sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Good bakers are selective and use only fine-quality ingredients. Carolans Irish Cream is an authentic, award-winning cream liqueur fromCountyTipperaryinIreland, made from real double cream, natural honey and Irish whiskey. It’s creamier than many other liqueurs and cordials and is delicious in coffee or simply on ice. Its luxurious quality and affordable price make it an excellent choice for holiday baking and entertaining.