Yuma, Arizona (NAPSI) - Whether you’re planning a backyard get-together or celebrating a special summer occasion, a few easy-to-follow tips can help make your party simply spectacular.
1. Make a list: Create a party prep list the week before your event. Pick up all ingredients, food, beverages, tableware, decorations and so on one to two days prior, so you can avoid last-minute trips to the store.
2. Showcase your own go-to recipes: Rely on simple yet tried-and-true crowd-pleasers. Everyone has a signature dish-it’s time to show off yours!
3. Take shortcuts: You can cut down prep time and still offer guests unique dishes by adding your own twist on ready-made salsas and dips.
4. Match the foods you serve with your guests’ tastes:
• If you are expecting a chatty group, stock up on Tostitos Scoops! tortilla chips so guests can dip and socialize all party long.
• Thrill the guys by serving snacks that taste like foods they already love, like the new Smokehouse Style BBQ flavored Ruffles potato chips.
5. Consider this great-tasting dip by Chef Stephen Kalil, Frito-Lay executive chef and a seasoned professional who’s accustomed to prepping for parties:
Tostitos Salsa Five Finger Shrimp Ceviche
1 (15.5-oz.) jar of Tostitos All-Natural Chunky Salsa
½ cup cucumber (peeled, seeded and diced)
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
½ lime, juiced
1 cup shrimp (cooked, peeled, diced into bite-size pieces)
Pour Tostitos All-Natural Chunky Salsa into a large bowl. Add in 1 cup of cooked, peeled and diced shrimp. Add in ½ cup cucumber. Squeeze in the juice of half a lime. Fold in 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro.
Mix contents and transfer to serving bowl(s). (Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 5 minutes. Servings: 20.)
For more information, recipes and cooking tips, you can go to www.fritolay.com/recipes.