Yuma, Arizona (NAPSI) - A few simple steps can help you convince your kids that cooking, even cleaning, can be fun.
Here, from blogger Amy Mascott of Teachmama.com, are a few hints on how.
• Designate a few kid-only drawers low enough for little ones to reach and that hold only kid dishes, plates and flatware.
• Designate a special helper each day. That child acts as your assistant chef and helps prepare meals and set the table.
• Let them make menu choices. Sit down as a family and decide on the meals for the week ahead. Keep it interesting by picking out new foods you’ve never tried before, perhaps mango, lentils or kale. Make a grocery list, set aside coupons and gather up the ingredients.
• All but the youngest can probably help you unload the dishwasher, measure ingredients (a good way to help them learn math) and put away groceries.
• Create a kid zone in the refrigerator. To help, the new Whirlpool 4-Door French Door Refrigerator is flexible enough to accommodate every family’s needs, with a refrigerated fourth drawer that’s the right height for kids to keep their favorite snacks.
• Give each one a chance to organize the fridge the way he or she wants and snap a photo. You may be surprised how much each child’s personality shows through. Send it to www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or show your youngsters the other pictures on that site for inspiration.