Colorado Springs, Colorado (NAPSI) - A fast, fun and inexpensive way to give your home and your mood a lift is to freshen up your space in clever colors.
“Today’s decorating trends point to softer, lighter colors that reflect an optimistic and free-spirited approach to decorating,” says color expert Jackie Jordan. “Updated pastels and romantic colors bring a spirited vibe to a variety of home design themes, from coastal to contemporary to vintage or cottage chic.”
Here are some decorating tips for sprucing up your home with color:
• Rethink room colors. Blues and violets are often used in bedrooms but they can also bring an unexpected twist to a kitchen, dining room or sunroom. Even one wall painted in a new color can create an accent that redefines the space.
• Create colorful contrast. A living room painted in a floral color such as pastel yellow works beautifully in contrast with furnishings in deep neutral colors such as dark peppercorn gray.
• Think beyond walls. Paint can be added almost anywhere, even on unexpected surfaces. A vintage bedroom dresser painted a pale pastel blue or pink can bring a cottage-themed room to life. A bookcase in fresh green or pale aqua can bring outdoor colors into a porch or den.
• Ensure color harmony. To help, you can turn to the Softer Side color collection by HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams. It features 20 designer-inspired paint colors that are carefully coordinated to take the guesswork out of color selection in any one room, room to room or exterior.
• Have fun with patterns. Many paint colors are also specially designed to coordinate with wallpapers. Patterns with yellow leaves, green polka dots or large floral prints can add energy or a touch of whimsy to a room.
• Think colorfully indoors and out. A carefully selected splash of color can also uplift the exterior of your home. Painting your home’s front door or shutters in a fresh new hue can create a cheerful and inviting look.
• Get more color inspiration. You can do that when you visit a Sherwin-Williams store or www.sherwin-williams.com/color.