Tempe, Arizona (NAPSI) - Here’s a look at three of the most popular ideas moving travelers today:
1. Phone it in. Many savvy travelers are using GPS apps on their smartphones to make sure they never get lost—unless they want to, a Harris Interactive study found. In fact, 43 percent of business travelers said a map app is their favorite type of mobile app.
2. Have an adventure. The ABTA, a leading travel association, reports a rise in the number of people who want to take an adventure or challenge vacation, such as hot-air ballooning in Turkey or white-water rafting in Spain.
3. Put both great trips and savings in the palm of your hands. You just have to get your hands on an affinity credit card that lets you earn points toward free hotel stays and more every time you use it.
For example, Club CarlsonSM, the global hotel rewards program from Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, whose brands include Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn® by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, recently launched the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card to provide a fast way to earn a free night’s stay at participating hotels worldwide.
Cardmembers earn award nights quickly. While free nights begin at 9,000 points, cardmem- bers get 50,000 points after the first purchase, plus 35,000 points after spending $2,500 on the card within the first 90 days. Furthermore, cardmembers can earn an additional 10 points per dollar spent at Carlson Rezidor hotels.
Additional benefits include:
• Bonus Award Nights—when Gold Points® are redeemed for two or more consecutive award nights, the last night is free.
• 40,000 bonus points when the card is renewed.
• Automatic Gold Elite Status once the card is used. Existing Gold Elite members receive 15 qualifying nights toward Concierge Elite Status.
Members can redeem points for free nights at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide with no blackout dates. They can also get free Internet, prepaid gift cards, retail gift cards, airline miles on more than 20 airlines and more. Plus, members can earn Elite membership and enjoy complimentary room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout.
Anyone interested in getting in on this trend can apply for the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card and find further facts at www.clubcarlsonvisa.com.