Riverside, California (NAPSI) - For many families, a highlight of the holiday season is a trip to the mall for the traditional Santa Experience photo. Not only can the visit to Santa be fun itself, the photos you take can make great gifts for family and friends now and cherished mementos for you and your children in years to come. It takes more than magic elves, however, to get a great picture. There are steps you and the photographer can take.
What You Can Do
To get the best Santa photos for your family, heed these hints:
• Before you visit the mall, show them pictures of Santa and talk to your toddlers about Santa. This will help ease their fears and familiarize them with “the guy in a red suit.”
• Keep colors simple and wear solids. Reds are very festive but can clash with Santa’s suit, so consider greens, silver, blues, black or even turquoise.
• Adjust hair bows and comb hair when you are the next person in line so you don’t lose valuable moments with Santa.
• Visit Santa during your child’s best-behavior hours-usually early morning or after a nap.
• Photographers say children usually look at their parents, so you can help by quietly standing near the photographer.
• If you have a long wait in line, make sure you have something to entertain your kids.
• For small infants, consider a new holiday bib to put on right before sitting on Santa’s lap.
• Have toddlers and small children wear a simple T-shirt and put on the festive dress or shirt just moments before sitting on Santa’s lap. Kids may not like how new dress shoes feel, so put them on right before the photo, too.
• By practicing beforehand what they will say to Santa, kids can be more comfortable with the whole process.
What Photographers Do
According to Cherry Hill Photo, a company with more than 52 years of experience taking professional Santa photos, producing a positive Santa experience includes a smooth-running, professional operation that uses the highest-quality printers. That’s why they count on Mitsubishi Electric photo printers in many of their centers. These dye sublimation printers create a richly colored and detailed print that lasts many, many years. They also print in different sizes with a unique roll-type mechanism that ensures jam-free reliability.
Because these printers can turn out beautiful photos in mere seconds, your family can be on its way with a delightful picture in so little time, it may seem like magic elves were part of the process after all.
You can find further facts about this and other electronic innovations for photographers at www.mitsubishi-imaging.com, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MitsubishiPhotoimaging and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MitsubishiPhoto.