Temecula, California (NAPSI) - Just in time for the baking season, cookie lovers are invited to submit their favorite, original cookie recipe that pairs best with America’s most popular ruby port.
“Bin 27 Port Cookie Rumble” asks for an original cookie recipe that pairs best with Fonseca’s Bin 27 Port wine. To enter, upload an original recipe and photo to the Fonseca Bin 27 Facebook page—facebook.com/fonsecabin27—and share why your cookie pairing is best. The contest runs through December 31, 2012.
The Grand Prize winner will be flown toNew York Cityfor baking lessons with famed chocolatier Jacques Torres and cookbook author Dorie Greenspan. In addition, the winner gets two fabulous prizes from KitchenAid©: a Dual Fuel Double Oven Range and a Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer.
To help jump—start your imagination-and your taste buds—here’s a recipe from one of the world-class judges:
Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies
by Jacques Torres
Yield: approximately 28 cookies
1⅛ sticks butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 cup cake flour
1 cup bread flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups 60% chocolate discs
1½ cups macadamia nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Have ready 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, stir together the flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
6. Reduce the speed to low and add the dry ingredients, beating until incorporated.
7. Remove the bowl from the mixer and, using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate and the nuts.
8. Using tablespoons or a cookie scoop, drop heaping, rounded spoonfuls of dough onto the parchment-lined sheet pans, leaving adequate space between the cookies.
9. Bake for about 10 minutes in a 350° F oven, until lightly golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven, transfer the cookies to wire racks and let cool.