Yuma, Arizona (NAPSI) - It may come as a surprise to some, but real estate experts report that in many places it can be less expensive to buy a home than to rent one. Despite record affordability conditions, however, some people still face certain obstacles in their path to homeownership.
Explains National Association of Realtors® President Moe Veissi, “To achieve the dream, it’s important to be prepared for certain challenges in the marketplace.”
Five tips may help:
• Get your credit in order and collect all financial paperwork. Securing a mortgage remains one of the biggest hurdles in home buying.
• Prepare for the possibility of multiple offers, particularly in areas where inventory is tight.
• If you’re considering a short sale or foreclosed home, hire a professional who has experience in those areas.
• Work with a Realtor®,a member of the National Association of Realtors®. Realtors®can provide the advantage buyers need to succeed in today’s market.
• Learn more at www.houselogic.com.