Yuma, Arizona (NAPSI) - Identifying the changes in physical and mental abilities that often occur with age is crucial to providing the best support possible for an aging loved one.
Any of the following behaviors may indicate the need to take action—starting with notifying the older adult’s physician:
• Changed eating habits, loss of appetite
• Neglected personal hygiene; dirty clothes, nails, hair or body
• Inappropriate behaviors, such as being unusually loud, quiet, paranoid or agitated
• Decreased or stopped participation in activities that were once important
• Mishandled finances or unusual purchases.
The Eldercare Locator is a free national service that connects older adults and their caregivers with local aging resources like transportation, meal programs, in-home support services and more.
To get connected, contact the Eldercare Locator at 800-677-1116 or visit www.eldercare.gov.