New York, New York (NAPSI) - While being diagnosed with cancer can make you feel vulnerable, surviving cancer can make you feel invincible. So says Melanie Young, host of the weekly radio show “Fearless Fabulous You” on W4WN, in her book “Getting Things Off My Chest: A Survivor’s Guide to Staying Fearless and Fabulous in the Face of Breast Cancer.”
The 10 things she learned from having cancer are no different from those healthy people should live by, she says. They are:
• Be physically active with daily aerobic exercise.
• Maintain a healthy weight.
• Make smart food choices.
• Lower alcohol intake.
• Use sunscreen daily.
• Reduce/manage stress.
• Get enough sleep.
• Don’t smoke or use recreational drugs.
• Be vigilant about your health care, including annual exams, screenings and vaccinations.
• Focus on positive energy and make quality time for yourself and loved ones.
The book is available at http://www.melanieyoung.com.