Tempe, Arizona (NAPSI) - For many, achieving lasting weight loss is more than a matter of avoiding foods they crave. Rather, it’s a matter of living a healthier lifestyle.
Studies show that food choice is only part of the equation-of those who have proper personal support and useful tools, nearly 80 percent manage to achieve and maintain successful weight loss.
For example, The Dukan Diet, the physician-formulated lifestyle weight loss program, consists of four phases and offers its members personalized daily online coaching with advice directly from Dr. Dukan.
The simplicity and personal support of The Dukan Diet have made it the go-to lifestyle plan of celebrities and royalty worldwide. At www.DukanDiet.com, members and visitors can access a number of weight loss resources. These include:
• True Weight Calculator: Visitors can learn their True Weight and join The Dukan Diet Coaching program to kick-start their weight loss journey.
• Weight Loss Coaching: Individual online support for members—at less than $1 a day.
• Member Forum: Members and coaches gather to share personal experiences, encouragement and tips for success, swap recipes and post and answer questions.
• Shop Dukan Diet: Products are made with high-quality healthy ingredients, have no added sugar, are low in sodium and are preservative and additive- free.
• Weight Loss Recipes: Hundreds of Dukan Diet recipes and cooking tips for successful weight loss, including several daily menus.
Here are two examples of flavorful and easy-to-prepare Dukan Diet recipes. Each is suitable beginning in the second phase of The Dukan Diet:
Chicken and Pepper Kebabs
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾” cubes
4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 green or red pepper, seeds removed and cut into cubes
8 shallots, peeled and quartered
1. Place chicken in a shallow dish and toss with the garlic, lemon juice, cumin, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. After marinating, preheat the oven to broil or grill to high.
4. Thread the kebabs by alternating the pieces of chicken, pepper and shallot.
5. Brush the kebabs with the marinade and cook on the barbecue or under the broiler, 5 minutes on each side.
Note: You will need kebab sticks. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes so they won’t burn.
Preparation Time: 12 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
3 Tbsp. Dukan Diet Organic Oat Bran
3 Tbsp. cornstarch (tolerated)
1⁄16 tsp. Dukan Diet Organic Stevia
1 egg, separated
1 Tbsp. fat-free cottage cheese
2 Tbsp. fat-free plain Greek yogurt
3 strawberries (or 2 Tbsp. Dukan Diet Goji Berries) (tolerated)
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Place the oat bran and cornstarch into a bowl and stir in the Stevia.
3. Whisk the egg white until stiff.
4. Whisk together the egg yolk and fat-free cottage cheese.
5. Fold the egg white into the egg yolk mixture and then fold into the oat bran mixture.
6. Divide mixture into 4 servings onto a cookie sheet and cook for 8−10 minutes.
7. Leave to cool on a rack.
8. Serve topped with a drizzle of Greek yogurt and a few strawberry slices or goji berries.