El Paso, Texas (NAPSI) - Warmer weather can be a terrific time for homeowners to undertake projects to spruce up their house or landscape.
When the AC bills shoot up, it’s also a time many look for ways to increase their home’s energy efficiency.
Fortunately, saving energy doesn’t have to mean sacrificing comfort. There are a number of simple ways to conserve energy and save money in the long run:
Ideas To Try
• Check furnace or air conditioner filters each month. If the filter looks dirty, change it. A dirty filter makes it harder for air to circulate, causing it to work harder to produce clean air.
• Close vents in empty rooms to heat or cool only the rooms you use.
• Replace lightbulbs with compact fluorescent lightbulbs.
• Find and seal leaks around doors and windows.
• Install heat-rejecting window film. This additional way to save on energy is often overlooked. A leading manufacturer of window films, 3M, offers several varieties that can help reduce energy costs and glare, as well as block UV rays. Lightly tinted films are available that are designed to reject heat but not change the appearance of windows. Moderately tinted varieties block a greater amount of light from coming in the windows, while still providing clear views. Additionally, a film specially made for night vision can give homeowners extra privacy and heat rejection during the day while allowing easier viewing outside at night.
For further information on window films, homeowners can visit www.3M.com/windowfilms.