Denver, Colorado (NAPSI) - When you’re on the road for a longer business trip, where you stay can make a big difference. Heeding a few tips can make your time away from home more productive and comfortable.
1. Pack smart. Carry clothes you can mix, match and layer, and that won’t wrinkle.
2. Remember your glasses, prescriptions and first-aid kit.
3. To make preparation easier, create an “always pack list.” In addition to cell phones, laptops and reading material, include business cards, nutritional supplements and power cords.
4. Before you go, check the weather at your destination.
5. Eat locally. Visit neighbor- hood restaurants and diners rather than fast-food chains, and get yourself a few treats at a nearby grocery store for a taste of what’s popular in the area.
6. If you are away for more than a day or two, choose the right kind of lodging. If you’re a road warrior, pick a hotel brand that provides the support and amenities you need during your long trips away from home. The all-suite, extended-stay TownePlace Suites by Marriott, for example, features spacious suites with full kitchens, ergonomic chairs and flat-screen televisions with cable, along with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi, all of which are excellent for travelers who are on the road for a long time.
The nature of these kinds of “extended-stay” hotels allows their associates to really get acquainted with guests, making for a friendly stay. These hotels allow you to settle in, work the way you want to and live in the local area.
TownePlace Suites provides a thoughtful design of separate spaces so guests can comfortably work and relax while away from home. Key amenities include a TowneMap® to help guests connect to the local neighborhood, showing all the favorite hot spots—including restaurants and grocery stores—making it easy for guests to feel like locals.
There are also laundry facilities, a 24/7 food and beverage pantry, complimentary coffee service, on-site business services and an exercise room. Rates vary based on length of stay.
Staying in TownePlace Suites allows you to earn valuable points with Marriott Rewards®, Marriott International’s award-winning guest loyalty program. Members can redeem their points for free hotel stays, airline miles, rental cards, cruises, merchandise and more.
For more information, visit www.towneplace.com or call (800) 257-3000.